GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sidi Sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 08:45:21 -0500
Isatou: Thanks for your concern.  I was able to get in touch with my
daughter after some anxious moments. Mini Loum volunteered to call her when
communication proved difficult from this end. Thanks, Mini. May Allah
protect us all and give strength to those whose loved ones have been the
victims of this heinous and cowardly acts of terror.

Saul: It is indeed important to check if there were any missing Gambians. I
was informed by a neighbour that she saw family members of one Mr. Jawara
on CNN who might be Gambian, but this has not been independently confirmed.
I know that the Senegalese Government has been frantically checking with
families who have relatives in the NYC area to confirm any missing
Senegalese nationals. I hope that the G
ambian Embassy in the US is doing
likewise.  Regarding Karamo Trerra, his picture was displayed last week on
CNN by his sister-in-law. His name suggests that he is one of us; either
Gambian, Senegalese, Cape Verdian or Guinea-Bissau national.

Jabou: Our prayers also go to all muslims in the US who are being targeted
by hate mongers, who are no different from those responsible for the
terrorist attacks on innocent people in the WTC and Pentagon.
Sidi Sanneh