GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Demba Baldeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:31:39 -0700
Suntou, Mr. Jaiteh is on the money. It was a populace that was kept ignorant
and lack of access to information that Sir Dawda was able to manipulate. The
Gambian people did not know anything better and were only expose to
international news once a week - aka Jamamo by Sarjo Barrow. I remember
growing up when many people would not miss this once a week world report. As
a result, they believed anything Jawara told them even to Abandon their
farms and depend on "Tusse Mano".

America of course is different, the American people do not like people to
tell them what to do. While hate and racism is still a reality in American
society, anything in the open is often met with resistance. You will see the
backlast that this hate will generate in the United States during this
elections. Even if Obama is not able to make his case, the people will not
buy into such gabbage.

The world is changing and I believe Obama is up for destiny. Sit and
watch...