GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ceesay Soffie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 09:58:20 -0400
We were unable to deliver this letter to the Ambassador on Friday, the 14th
of April for delivery to Butcher of Kanilai.  No one answered the door.

Soffie

The President,
The Republic of the Gambia
President's Office
Banjul, The Gambia

We have no courteous salutation to address you by in this letter.  Our
intent is to express our utmost disgust at you and your gang of senseless
mercenary thugs who murdered our gallant and young students.

Like always, it does take some people a little time to figure out "false
messiahs" but now the vast majority of Gambians are aware of your game and
of your history.  Some people say you have been a disappointment, but those
of us who know better, say you have been the worse embarrassment to the
Gambian people - MURDERER!!

At this stage of the fight, we have ceased to list your lies, deceit and
treachery.  All of these have become part of our consciousness in the last
six years.  Now, all our efforts are directed towards a massive mobilization
of Gambians internally and externally to move on over you and all that you
represent.

We have heard your trite explanation and attacks on the defenseless and
peaceful students seeking redress for their fellow student, Ebrima Barry who
was literally tortured bringing about his death as well as the rape of a 13
year old school girl by one of your goons in uniform.  To add insult to
injury, your vice president Isatou Njie Saidy, an equally pathological liar,
now shifts the blame onto the students as the first to have opened fire.
How dare you, the worse criminal in the history of the Gambia, how dare you
call these defenseless students criminals?

You can concoct any number of lies but nothing can save your impotent regime
from this savage act against these students.  The actions of these students
are only a dress rehearsal, the finishing blow will not be held back.

We glorify all the actions of the students; we vow not to let them die in
vain; we urge a thousand more students to step forward and take the place of
their fallen comrades and assert the bond of continuity.  The audacity of
these students will forever live in our memory.  Furthermore, the audacity
of these students also gives us the gratifying assurance of a bright future
for Gambia, a future in which young people will take their rightful place in
the genuine development of our society.

You can bring out all the armory at your disposal but the people's will
always prevails.  But, be well assured that, we are equally poised for the
final offensive against your neo-colonial stooge government and the
mercenaries you keep to protect you and your ill-gotten blood tainted
wealth.  We hold you responsible for the safety of all the students under
arrest.  We demand the immediate release of all the detainees and that you,
from your stolen wealth, pay reparations to all the families of the dead and
injured.

Finally, we have our eyes on the most priced possession of human beings,
FREEDOM!.  Come what may, FREEDOM must come.

Yours
Most DISGUSTED