GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 22:45:12 -0500
I love A-f-r-i-c-a-n-s! Gambians especially. Thanks to their will, and the
coalition of the opposition parties, they have made Yahya and his cohorts
living-proofs that in Africa, development is measured backwards and
free and fair elections is only wishful thinking. Sadly, the loosers here
are the people who actually voted for APRC and Yahya Jammeh is the sole
winner, of course. A bag of rice is over 300 dalasis and they still vote
for this man. What can you say? You can't say Jammeh did a bad job getting
himself re-elected, can we comrades? I only hope some of you in the
opposition are in this for the long run, for it is going to be a very long
and daunting struggle in a country where the illiteracy rate is as high as
70 percent and where atleast 15 percent of the literate few are illiterates
in their own rights when it comes to democracy. There is no honour in being
a hardworking Gambian. Honour is in the DALASIS, people are telling us. For
only the ends justify the means now a days. I hate to sound unorthodox, but
put bluntly The Gambia has lost it's virginity, and mortgaging ones soul
and prostituting for lousy meager dead-end government jobs,is unfortunately
the order of the day. The mediocrity and complacency of so many Gambians is
mindboggling to put it mildy.But you can't take away their right to choose.
you only hope they see good versus evil, regardless of how trying the times
are.

Anyhow, I am NOT going to concede any form of defeat because I've always
believed that good will prevail over evil, but if the honourable thing to
do is to congratulate the president- elect, then however pathetic or
apathetic this may sound, I nonetheless say: enjoy your next five years Mr
Jammeh. To the 'United' opposition, thanks a lot for giving us a middle
finger in our time of utmost need. I'm sure you've all give it your best
shot, only to realise there's gonna be ONE winner, none other than yahya
Jammeh. Hell, I also join you too in congratulating the man. Why harbour
angry feelings? Life goes on.............................PEACE!

Mr Makaveli (o-:)

Gambians Online " Designed With The Gambian People In Mind"
               http://www.gambiansonline.com