GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 08:41:37 EDT
Ebou,

Yaya's attack was not a joke, so please stop trying to explaint it away as a
joke just like you have now made a career of trying to tell us that what is
happening in our country is not really happening and is the imagination of those
who want something to oppose, and that  Jammeh is the best that ever happened
to Gambia.

Can you tell us what earned credentials Jammeh has? I believe he graduated
high school and then attended a  course in a military outfit in Alabama. Aside
from that, he has an honorary PhD. and you can tell he does not understand the
fact that people do not address themselves as Doctor if the degree is
honorary, you have to have put in the actual time at school to call yourself Doctor.
The issue of qualifications is not as important as what a leader can do for his
or her country. However, Jammeh  continually embarasses Gambians every time
he opens his mouth. He started this one.

This attack by Jammeh is consistent with all his speeches where he spends
most of it attacking and belittling people, and disrespecting everyone. Jammeh
has stood before the Gambian people in more than one occasion and vowed to put
anyone who crosses him six feet under. Now that is the language of a seasoned
leader. Mr Jackson is asking why Jammeh talks the way he does? It is because he
thinks that is what a person in his position does and that in itself says a
lot.

Instead of attempting what amounts to "trying to turn a sow's ear into a silk
purse" you should direct your energies to advicing Jammeh  to try to at least
act in a manner befitting a head of state, but at this juncture with many
inflamatory speeches already to his credit, it appears to be already too late.
Reconcilliation is only possible if people are prepared to own their actions
and Gambians see no such thing on the horizon, just more attempts to decieve
and manipulate.

Jabou Joh