GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Sanyang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 19:35:43 +0000
You do not have to make friends with a good dictionary to understand him!
Not only does he share information, but a straight-shooter in announcing its
worth!

The sadness and sense of helplessness is overwhelming at a personal level,
when asked to move on because elections have been carried out and the people
have spoken! We wonder: have the people lost their speech on April
10th/11th? What are they saying about those two fateful days, when as a
nation we were traumatized by waking up to the rude reality that actually
soldiers(our own Gambian brothers and sisters) are trained to kill?

The lines below explicitly and eloquently capture the essence of our
resolve; that justice must be done to honor the memory of our fallen young
heroes before we can move on. He spoke for me when he wrote these words:

Gentlemen and Ladies: Dave Manneh

Subject:    Re: Recent trip to Gambia

...The day the sanctity of human life becomes insignificant in comparison to
the building of schools and roads, then surely society has got it seriously
wrong.

The one single problem that outweighs the countless others i have with
Jammeh and his government is the murder in cold blood of kids demonstrating.
(this being the backbone of their fundamental human rights). Unless and
until someone answers or pays for that, i (for all i am worth, which can be
argued is not worth much anyway),won't be swayed one bit, even if the
streets of The Gambia are paved with diamonds!!!

Manneh