GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Bojang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:31:00 EST
To all those in California, I say sorry to learn that you have to under go electricity power black out to be able to maintain and continue supply. I say welcome to The Gambia to you all.
The lesson to learn from this is that no government can give her people the electricity they need unless they are able to have the infrastrucure in place. There have to be power plants with the an output that could supply consumers before one could give it. I hope the people of the Gambia understand that no matter what promises they have from their politicians, the Gambia will NEVER have enough electricity until we are able to have the neccessary infrastrutures. No maintenence of only a less than 10 Mega Watt generator(s) will supply 20 MW power.

Ousman Bojang.