GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 00:14:40 EDT
Hamadi,
  The truth is in this day and age the Gambia does not
  deserve a man of Yaya Jmmeh's calibre.How many
  good thinkers has our nation produced? How many
  well educated people has our country made for
 us? How can I explain to my non Gambian friend that
the president of my country could stand in public and
utter a language as foul as 'janka....'.
     No! He will not believe me. If I cannot make such
an utterance in public how can a man who is supposed
to be my president do so?
   Yet this is the reality, that is why I said that the
   Gambia does not deserve Jammeh for president.
  The question that begs itself is how can all these
  intellectuals, if that is what they are, in Jammeh's
 entourage cope with their conscience whiles Jammeh makes
 public pronouncements which even a child in kindergarten
  would hesitate to make?
   Reading through this message we quickly learn that
Jammeh does not even understand the basic elements
 of running a government.
  The sad thing is that the more I read through pronouncements
 made by Jammeh the more indignant I feel and it is,
 I believe, the case for most Gambians.

 Gelajo Bah