GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebou colly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 12:46:02 -0700
                                   ESSA  BOKARR SEY

Mr. Sey,

 I just want to be very direct. First, I will treat
the two points you selected from the numerous ones I
presented in my last submission about Bissau to prove
that my statements are fallacious. Evidently, it
seemed that you didn’t put much thinking in your
argument. You mentioned my reference to Mr. Tapatua
whom I referred to in the general concept of my
discussion as the person who was responsible for the
coordination of the transportation of the Gambian
troops to Bissau. But you took that casual statement
quarrelling over it as if the cardinal issue was which
position he held. Anyway since you have claimed to be
talking to this guy everyday, your argument would have
gathered better substance if you had told me that he
denied acting in that capacity during the Bissau
crisis. That would have been more in line with your
effort to prove my statement in this particular
subject fallacious. But just to say that Mr. Tapatua
has not been holding the position I said he held but
another one you put in French to confuse the readers,
shouldn’t be a usable argument to disprove what I said
about the French man on the Bissau deployment. Who
gives a heck about what position he holds in the
Gambia? I have his home and office numbers, plus his
cellular one. I knew what I was talking about.

Then you came up with Gen. Momodou Secka. There again,
your statement was merely an assumption; for you said,
“I can’t believe that Gen. will call you for such
operations”. You believing? Do you really have that
ability at all? I was not telling my story on what I
believed but what actually happened. If you had stated
that you did speak to the General and he disputed my
statement, then, you would have been entitled to come
on line and accuse me of spreading fallacious
information.
 You see, Mr. Sey although I am always repulsed by the
articles you write because of the sad elementary
manner in which you present them in shape and
substance, nonetheless, I always take my time to read
the junk with pain and frustration. I had always
viewed them as time wasters like many more pro- Yaya
subscribers who often sound as if all of you originate
from the same genetic codes. I just don’t like the
unnecessary commentaries, but you people always sicken
me.
I am however glad that you have made your position
clear as being once an NCO and not an officer. If you
were to attend an officer’s training course with the
weird constitution of your thought- pattern, seemingly
mal-functional in every sense, you would not have
survived the first operational order you would be
assigned to write. Don’t sell me that crap about the
G-L not instituted for good writing, especially when
the writer is an ambassador.
But that’s not the issue here. Perhaps next time
around I should be able to deal with your under
averaged faculty as an exclusive subject.
The issue is that you said my stories are fallacious,
an allegation you based on nothing but unfair
judgment. By the way where in the world did you get
the name of Captain Alagie Kanteh the Commissioner
(NBD) in the whole Bissau issue? Don’t your know that
at the time of the Bissau crisis that captain was no
longer serving in the army? Yaya had fired him then on
no explained circumstances. However, you seemed to
have missed that in Yaya’s senseless orgy of firing
and hiring. Yet you went too low to mysteriously
create the captain’s image in your ridiculous story
just to add some weight to your pool of fabrication.
What a messy way of bending the truth.
Mr. Sey I really hate to say this, but I think you are
measuring us from your pitiful state of narrow mind.
Only because you have been fabricating all kinds of
stuff behind that so-called ambassadorial desk, you
are now conditioned -may be without even been aware
-to think that most credible people are common
fabricators like your sorry self. I had never thought
I would bring myself down this low to your level. And
may be I am going to permanently call it a quits after
this one. I’m precisely saying that never again would
I respond to anything you might choose to say against
me. My mission cannot be diverted from telling the
facts, especially when the Yaya government comes up
with dirty ones to deceive the Ganbian people. I was a
soldier, but now I am a civilian with good training.

And how in the world did you come up with the garbage
that civilians are different from genuine military
officers? But I almost forgot, you were an ordinary
gendarmerie NCO who could not have had that
differentiating ability or know how to appreciated the
conduct and ethics within the military officer corps.
Your type unfortunately is the ones who often abuse
the beautiful legacy in real military career only
because you never had the training that go with it.
Did you say that you got a certificate from “Pol La
peyre ecole nationale de la gendarmerie, ouakam,
Dakar? That’s a toilet paper my friend. And I hope you
are not that naïve to think that I would waste my time
here listing or comparing my credentials with yours.
  It is sad that you have been deceived by the
position lent to you by your losing Lord Yaya. But
that makes it ever more sensible for people like me to
understand where you are coming from. Only Yaya whom
you should even be more knowledgeable in earthly
matters would appoint an NCO in that ambassadorial
position. Oh I wished all those readers could
understand what an NCO means in gendarmerie labor
structure. Yes, they are the laborers and not the
thinkers. Hold on to your job with all your soul: but
for God’s sake try reading the ideas you write and
tally the logic with the language. If you can’t, try
hiring someone saner to be proof reading your
materials before posting. Otherwise some one will soon
report you to Yaya who might boot you out of office
for being an embarrassment to his crumbling regime. I
say someone will report you, because he himself
doesn’t read or write any better than you.
 You have already embarrassed too many Gambians
realizing that you are really The Gambia’s ambassador
in FRANCE. What a pity!

Ebou Colly