GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:21:08 -0500
Musa,
That was a very good piece. I certainly believe that the APRC will win
against the opposition not because it is very disorganized, but was never
organized. And the APRC have succeeded in changing a lot of heart of those
who matters, the electorate. Sure the oppostion could probably become more
competetive with some organization but not as it is. The break away of
Juwara once again from another party speaks a volume. Jumping from one
opposition to another and continue to divide like cells, cannot be good for
the opposition. It certainly is good news to the APRC. And I must commend
the APRC for making that possible to ther advantage.
On what would happen if the leadership of the APRC changed, I have a sense
of feeling that it might be another PPP. Sometimes, I feel that it might be
in a different way. None of the parties are stronger without their leaders
and that has to do with how politcs is done.That is the art of politics.
Any non-leader who try to surface higher than the current leader shows some
weakness of that leader.And this goes to every party in this world. So it
might appear that the APRC might disintegrate without President Jammeh, but
someone might come after him who might even revive the party more than he
is doing.
The only party I feel might look the same with or without their present
leader in the Gambia is PDOIS. They have such a strong foundation which
could not grow beyond its borders. And I think this is why they are not
electable.
For OJ to take over as the party leader of the UDP will be the most
disastrous move that party could do. Leadership is to be proud but not
arrogant.

Ousman Jallow Bojang.