GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 09:58:02 PDT
Gambia-L:

Another e-mail from one my sources in the Gambia!

Ebrima

Hello Ebrima,

The Ebou Taal stuff is finished as far as I am concerned. I have sent you
three pieces, including one on Tombong Saidy's inability to bring the
European Cup of Nations matches to the doorsteps of the Gambian soccer fans,
because of lack of funds. What a shame!!

And, Ebrima, I do know that you love soccer, but, please, be around for I
have got more revelations to make. Ebrima, we must defeat these criminals in
Kanilai.

The Tamsir Jallow issue is really serious. The guy is really fed-up. I saw
him just the other day in Banjul, and could see this in him. He is, for
sure, losing - or should I say has lost - faith in his APRC Party.

By the way, did you know that Yahya Jammeh's plane was impounded by
President Sassou Nguesso of the Central African Republic only to be released
at the intervention of Omar Bongo of Gabon. I'll shed light on this one
later.

Ebrima, Omar Bongo and Yahya Jammeh are close buddies nowadays, but of
course, this is for a reason. By the way, this weekend I plan to go to the
Provinces and guage the mood there for the L! I intend to go as far as
Basse!