GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Fye Samateh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 20:43:37 +0100
EDI.

Thanks for your posting am sure this put us in another speculation where the actual burial place
of our brother BILAL is. You wrote

 I got an information from them aswell that sometime if they are praying in the mosque
 some ignorance will tell them oh why are you people(blacks) praying hence you are
 going to hell anyway.

These are the types among the arab race who shows no respect for a Blackman with the simple
fact the color of our skin.My brother as a Blackman i thank the Almighty for my race been BLACK.
Again these are types pretending to be muslims whilst the actual place for them is HELL after denying
the prophet's call for equal rights for all humans regard to their skin color,race or religion.Islam came
for people not only for Arabs.

did he have any children with them?  Why are we THE BLACKS taken as slaves? was there
ever any Arab slaves or white slaves?

Good questions Edi as Black people we need these answers should BILAL got children in his life time whilst
serving under the prophet is very vital to us.Perhaps a dead past because of his race compare to other disiples,
Slavery on Blacks is still a human tragedy and i wonder why our race was forced into slavery infact the only  race
to my understanding for so long.Probably we need some islamic scholars on this issue for more clarifications not
to forget our christian brothers and sisters as humans alike.But in the Koran like wise the Bible stated clarely GOD
made man equal that's a clare indication we are not just slaves but dignified humans like others not based on  our
culcural differences.I will rather put my blame on how these religions are taught with in people of different races and
that ofcourse the teachings of racism and slavery amongst ourselves.

(My colleages also protested the fact that any Arab woman married to a black, might be a singer or a prostitute who will never married to any normal Arab.On the other hand, a black person can married to a very honourable family member in a white society. )

Onces again that brings us to racism acording to your colleages and the teachings of islam condemns it but is exsisting.I think White societies are acepting more intergretion with other races like ours than the Arabs very unfortunate but is the reality.In conclution SERIGN TUBBA MBAKE was a great man and his contribution to islam is still spreading but only in Gambia and Senegal i doubt if none Senegalese and Gambians heard of him but not a bad suggestion all we need is together we shall progress,Have a nice weekend.

Respect

Fye.