GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Malamin Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:22:38 +0000
Thank you Mr Jeng,

I have read all print versions of SM Dibba's press conference at his
residence this week. It is my OPINION that Mr Dibba will not accept anyone
but himself to lead the opposition. PPP's choice of leadership should not
offend NCP. If anything, NCP nominating SM Dibba is an insult to the very
people who stood up to Jammeh for the last 7 years.

SM Dibba was banned by the same decree that banned OJ and Assan Musa Camara.
Dibba was quiet as a mouse. His reason for keeping quiet is/was to avoid
bloodshed(Paraphrasing). A seasoned politician who laid low for 7 years
while Gambia went through hell is not my ideal person to lead any coalition.

MJohnson