GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M.B Krubally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 21:16:39 -0700
Dawda, I am with you. You need say no more regarding the use of violence to change governments. We as a people need to understand that there are other ways to change that the deliberate violation of constitutional forms. A Coup d’etat will be a direct violation of the Gambian voter’s rights, and we need to condemn it before the Gambia ends up like most of it’s sister countries.

I know a lot of Gambians are frustrated with the current regime, but violence is surely not the way out. I am even disturbed by the current sporadic fighting between the government and UDP supporters.

If we want to change, we need to educate our people. That means, educating our immediate families. Most of us are currently supporting our families’ back home, and I believe that they will go with the candidate we think is better for our country. I know mine will. It takes one vote at a time folks. Senegal have done it, why not The Gambia?

We need to cut down on the talking and dreaming, and start campaigning on the grassroots level.

Jammeh and his people are doing whatever it takes to stay in power, unless his oppositions come up with a better strategy. He will continue to rule the Gambia.

This is in no way condoning what he has done or is doing.

M.B.Krubally (Baba)

GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY; BECOMING WISE IS OPTIONAL.