GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
o9u6m o9u6m <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:49:43 -0800
For those who care;

I have no idea where to begin or how to even express how broken I feel
about administration and welfare in the Gambia. For quite sometime now,
I have reviewed and read from fellow Gambians both pro and anti Jammeh
administration. Some made sense unfortunately some didn't but that's how
life is like, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But the thing
that embarrasses me most is the manner in which many of the writers tend
to exploit intelligence. That is by condemning other people's thought
process. It's sad for one to act so, especially for "we the Youth" to
not realize Gambia is our problem. Everyone has a say, no matter what
suits your appetite or drums up your comfort zone, you got to respect
each other for the sake of our nation. Yaya for one is not the solution
not matter every which way you look at it - will make a point on this
along the lines. What I feel is necessary yet important is for us
(Gambians) to educate each other and embrace a forum of dialogue to
stitch patches our regime is leaving. It is for us to patch, so don't
wait up till it deepens then scratch your head for solutions on how to
fix it. If anybody is smarter, I think its you and I not the leaders or
the privileged. Why do I feel so? we're in the learning process, we
don't vote, nor are we directly taking part in the peace and progress.
However, our people are voting, thus; directly involved in making
decisions for Gambia's future. The APRC feels they're masters of
developmental art and therefore, be left alone. Do you agree? depends
where you come from, the individual, and knowledge on issues. Democracy
is all about belonging to one forum with parties sharing valued yet
diverse opinions. "It's ours" but what works and what doesn't? That's
how it supposed to be not one person considering others as enemies if
opposed, criticized, questioned or written about. He divides our
families by telling our parents that we refuse to work but chose to
drink "attaya" on the streets. What kind of leader stands up and say if
you do this I will shoot you up? I will crush those plot agianst my
government, yeah right, like he was crushed when overthrew the PPG
regime. To me that sounds like the words of a cowboy rancher, 'cuz he
owns the ranch. Does Yahya own Gambia? Well, its open for discussion,
however, you tell me. Like I mentioned Yahya is not the answer for
issues in the country, in 1994 when he rose to power I almost believed
so but I was reserved. It wasn't long before my fears were confirmed,
ring a bell; Ousman Koro Sisay, the murder of innocent unarmed students
along the streets of Banjul/Serrekunda? What has the president of the
republic offered about these important and unfortunate issues? I must be
blind or deaf. Is peace and progress about knowing who is powerful or
weak? or is about intimidating those who feel otherwise. In any human
society policy making is about the hardest and most risky road to walk
on. Making it, is invitation of critique and discussion, as a leader
your duty is to listen and improve on it not otherwise. My writing is
long, allow me to cut it short but I feel we the people of Gambia owe it
to ourselves to end the ongoing oppression. Don't sweat it, Gambia can
be developed without bloodshed. This is my own make up, feel free to
analyze my points for your own edification.
Borry Abrahams.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい