GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Fatou Darboe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 21:57:39 EDT
Ebou,
I am so very glad to know that you don't want to be a ninja! Saul would have
no cause to be using the cutlass. That's settled.I guessed by now that both
of you realise that you should be off eachother's throat. I know you a
little bit and i know Saul a whole lot. As human beings we all voice out our
concerns differently. The more information we keep flowing , the better. I
couldn't believe what i see you guys post to eachother on the L. Personally
i am not impressed because i think you guys can do better.We are here to
share information not the two of you shoving into our throats what you think
is right. It almost deviated you from putting pressure on important issues
e.g what Hamjatta and Dampha are emphasising on now.Saul if you are boarding
the bus to get Yaya at Kanilai tomorrow, my stop would be at sixteenth
street. You cannot describe Yaya better than you do on your postings. Saul
the hardest and painful thing about democracy is listening or engaging in
what others have to say( Bokarr Sey included. another topic because i think
you guys undemocratically  threw out the Ambassador and the poet out of this
forum). I fear if you become President you are going to be condemning a lot
and i mean a whole lot of people because few will be thinking like you and
that part would be a challenge or a shortcomming on your side. There are a
lot of Fjmannehs, Bokarr Seys  and Ebou Jallows out there. What will you do
to us Saul? Throw us out of the country because our suggestions and ideas
are totally not in sync with yours?You are  always advocating for
democracy,rule of law, fairness, decency, intergrity and consistency. How
about a little patience and accommodation! You cannot achieve all these
without patience buddy.You can only share your ideas with people. I mean
putting it on the plate and not assuming because it is on the plate we are
chewing on it or supposed to be chewing on it. Some might decide not to even
look at it deliberately and others might innocently pass by not even knowing
what you are offering. Why not just take a day off fromm your PC, take your
Tamarinda drink to the  pool,(your wife makes the best of those)and really
meditate on how to tackle Jammeh. That is the real issue at hand.Those who
are advising you to fight Ebou physically or otherwise wouldn't even with a
sword face a fly. I honestly know you are a decent man.
Ebou i think of all the Gambians i know pro and anti Jammeh you have the
most difficult problem-that is- restoring your credibility with the Gambian
people.By the way i wasn't on the L then and never really knew what you said
happened to the DOUGH from Thailand(by the way if this scoops from Thailand
is for keeps some of us are here stranded on college fees in case you are
considering charity). I am not going to accuse you of fleeing yaya because
most of us are on a fleeing ticket here voluntary or involuntary.You are no
Prophet Mohammed neither are you Martin Lurther King because you lack  the
decipline, foresight and peacefulness of these men but i really commend you
for your bravery for comming out in the open, denouncing and really telling
us all you know about Jammeh. I wish Tombong can follow suit or Isatou N'jie
Saidy. You cannot do better than this. It is left to us to believe you or
not to believe you. This frustrations might follow you to your grave. It is
left to you to indulge in your past mistakes and drag yourself into the mud
or go beyound it and work on your credibility and your committment in
restoring peace in the Gambia. So please guys move on.

May God bless us all
Fatou Jaw Manneh