GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Omar Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 14:58:52 +0100
G-L Community,

The call for "self heal and nation" has attracted positive reactions from most of us, and this shows our commitment to progress and national development. Having said that I believe it is important for those of us going out there to represent us to always remember that this is a great responsiblity and if we have gotten that far we are doing a great service to the rest to always remain focus, and not compromise the opportunity. I`m saying this because most of our high level meetings are characterised by too much of unnecessary dining and wining, and consequently if we used to be vibrant and outspoken we become mute and dosy, and migt want to sleep off the wine and food. We dont want to lose our sense of pupose and turn this into one of those picnics or circuses with clowns and everything.

I`m sure Dr Saine has taken some valuable time and did a lot of good thinking to come up with this idea, so we should not make a mockery of it and our own personal efforts. The dining and wining can come later.

This is just my opinion and surely I dont intend to offend no one.

Regards,
Omar.