GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 01:40:37 -0400
Jobe, you are spot on in your observation that there are some of us that
hate Yaya so much that we will do whatever is necessary to eliminate him.
Yaya forfeited his right to live/lead when he ordered the murder of our
children on April 10 and 11, 2000. To say that I hate the vermin, is an
understatement. I despise him with a passion.

Moving on, it seems that you were pretty miffed by Prof. Assan's decision
not to quit and leave G_L. Your calculations backfired. Assan has the
commonsense to realize that evil will jubilate if he quits. I am glad you
prove the point I was trying to make to Assan. Now that he has not quit, you
are upset. Had he gone ahead and left the List, no one will hear the unkind
words you were sending our end in this your post. So, I say: thank you Prof.
for getting under Jobe's skin. Thanks Prof. for not letting the forces of
evil celebrate. Instead, they have joined us in our hateful language.

Jobe, I still cannot figure out why you think we are dictatorial and we do
not want to hear divergent views. I assured you that even if you do not
answer my mails directly, I will follow you all over G_L and debunk your
lies and unmask your gullibility. I have kept my word. Before I debunk your
lies, I have to read/hear them. We read you all right. What you want us to
do and what we will NEVER DO, is accept your garbage as the gospel. We are
open to hear divergent views. But if these views are lies, be rest assured
that we will say so. Unlike you, we would not just stop at saying that the
views are lies, we will show the whole world the magnitude of the lies.

You seemed to take exception to the statements I made earlier on regarding
APRC stealing projects from PPP. I would have thought that if you wanted to
show that I was lying, you will tell us of projects Yaya authored. You just
listed  some recent projects and called me names, blamed Senegal for failure
of our re-export trade, praise the APRC and  insinuate that these projects
were Yaya's ideas. I realized that you did not have the guts to say for
certain that these were Yaya's ideas. You know that it would be a blatant
lie if you say so.

Why did you not challenge what I said, when I said it? Why did you not
challenge it with facts and issues me and Hamjatta are not bringing to G_L?
Was I lying when I said that the first AFPRC budget was a replica of the PPP
budget Bakary Darbo prepared before Yaya and his cohorts stole power from a
democratically elected government? This was one of my statements you took
exception to. Have the integrity and the guts to come and debunk it
directly. Do not hide behind other postings and hope that I will not
read/hear you.

When I said that AFPRC/APRC stole 'Vision 2020' and the 'Singapore of West
Africa' concept from PPP, was I lying? The way you debunk this, is to tell
us that these ideas are the brainchild of Yaya. Tell us whether Larry Ceesay
or Bala Jahumpa invented these projects. Tell us that Famara Jatta authored
these project proposals from scratch. You say we do not discuss issues apart
from expressing hatred for Yaya. Tell us what civil servant or politician in
The Gambia detected that Famara Jatta plagiarized a UNDP report in his last
budget and promised donors some reforms he knows his government is NOT going
to honor. Tell us who unmasked Hilo as a nickle and dime outfit in Georgia.
Tell us who unearthed more facts about the callous massacre of our children
... G_L or the bogus commission of inquiry looking into the massacre of our
children. Left to that toothless commission, the government security forces
never shot a life ammunition.

Jobe, you can try all you want, but you cannot belittle this forum. Your
presence here and the extent to which you try (desperately) to peddle the
APRC side of the story, is a testament to how YOU regard this forum as an
important medium. Like I told your compatriot, Jarjue, no one is holding a
gun to your heads forcing you to come to G_L and read our myopic and bigoted
statements. The fact that you spend time to read and analyze our garbage
shows that you are lying when you attempt to belittle this place and say
that we do not discuss here important issues. Why can't you be honest with
yourselves and engage people on the issues instead of character
assassination of ordinary citizens that oppose child murderers? Be my guest
and let us discuss your projects. Tell us Yaya's input and his
qualifications. Tell us why you think a child murderer deserves the biggest
honor in the country:  the privilege to lead us and represent our country in
forums such as the UN.

Moving to the campaign in Britain, if I were you, I would not do like Sedat
Jobe and start jubilating. The battle has just started. Britain will soon
see sense and realize that it is only an 'Unethical Foreign Policy' that
would permit a country like Britain to give military aid to child murderers.
You missed the point when you just focused on the restoration of training
programs. If you followed our campaign, you will realize that we were
operating on the premise that the restoration of military cooperation will
not be limited to taking recruits to Sandhurst. Top British military
officials had gone to Gambia and promised Yaya that the restoration of
training to Sandhurst was just the beginning. So, we are not just fighting
the training. We want all sorts of military cooperation to cease. And we
will succeed in our endeavor. The truth will always prevail.

Even if we were just concentrating on the training alone, it is also
justifiable for one to call for the cessation of cooperation in that avenue
as well. The case has been argued on G_L months ago. But I will just restate
for your consumption why we think Britain should not reward Yaya by taking
people to Sandhurts. Do you know the last Gambians to attend Sandhurst
training before Britain cut their military aid to Gambia? Find out who those
people are and tell us how the professionalism they got from Sandhurst
helped them to help our children on April 10 and 11, 2000. This military aid
is not about helping Gambian soldiers to be more professional in order to
help Gambians. We are smart enough to figure out a long time ago that all
Britain is interested in, is to avoid British soldiers going to theatres
like Sierra Leone. Their rationale is to train the Africans so that they can
die for each other. 'Let us reserve our British soldiers to go keep peace in
Kosovo'. That is all. Normally, I would not have a problem with such
policies. Britain is merely looking after its legitimate interest;
protecting its citizens. But the reason I have a problem with this
restoration of military aid, is because Britain is trading the lives of
their professional soldiers (that voluntarily took the risk to become
soldiers) with the lives of our innocent and defenseless children. We all
know that Babucarr Jatta and Peter Singhateh put Yaya's life above those of
our children. No amount of training from Sandhurst will make Jatta or
Singhateh protect our children at Yaya's expense. To conclude on this topic,
let me just say that both you and Sedat Jobe evince a lack of understanding
of the Sandhurst program and the crux of our protest if you regard this
restoration of cooperation as a major coup. We know that the training our
soldiers undergo there is a very basic training. Our protest is more
principled than substantive. Child murderers should not be rewarded in any
shape or form. That is where we are coming from.

Engage us on these issues instead of picking personal fights with people
that do not even know that you exist. If I did not know better, I would say
that Yaya must be pretty upset with you guys for not putting forth his case
effectively. But we all know that the moron cannot put forth his case by
himself either. He does not have the wherewithal to tell whether you are
making a dismal case or not. That is the whole case against Yaya and why you
were upset about my characterization of your projects. The moron does not
have the wherewithal to oversee inept civil servants, let alone bring novel
and good ideas to the table. No Yaya crony can tell us why a low-life,
confessed child murderer, High  School drop-out deserves to lead us.
KB