GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou S Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:54:53 +0200
Ginny dear,

I think what you wrote makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately, religious
issues are usually dealt with emotively before a liberal, secular
outlook holds sway. We have seen so much of this in other places and we
would not want Gambia to head that way. [Just last week, I think in Kano
state in Nigeria, a sharia decree was passed that prohibits men and
women from sharing the same transport...? Huh!] Men ride one bus and
women ride in another.

But believe me, this is a huge issue and touches on many different
aspects of our lives.

Many many thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Cheers,
Momodou