GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alhaji Saidy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:59:29 -0400
Haruna,

I agree. The statements alluded to Mr Camara are indeed very troubling. For the sake of
the people of Guinea, I wanted and rooted for Mr Camara to be a soldier with difference.
But from the moment he started parading soldiers that fell afoul of military protocol, I
started worrying more and more. I still hope he will disappoint me and not contest the
elections at this time. But with the many sycophants running around telling him he is a
saviour, like many before him, he may end up believing the hype and morph into another
Aids curer. I bet Mr Camara is also being told, on a daily basis, how he has saved the
people of Guinea; that without him, Guinea would have ended up like neighbors
Sierraleone and Liberia. This greatness is drummed up so much so that it becomes
believable. In the case of Yaya, he believes so much in his hyped greatness but just could
not get the wider world to get on board. And so to get international attention, he conjures
up this idea of being able to cure Aids and the ability to communicate with other beings
outside of us.

I hope and pray, for the sake of the people Guinea, that Mr. Camara's head does not get
swollen to the point that he becomes another Yaya. I saw some remarks of his earlier in
a Reuters article and it made me cringe a bit. But these here are indeed troubling to say
the least.

Saidy

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい