GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
amy jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 12:00:50 +0100
Rene,
 I could not stop the tears from streaming down my face as I read your sad and nostalgic poem, that so strongly depict our suffering country. Keep up the good work, this is wonderful.
Amy

[log in to unmask] wrote:
You shed your tears in the dark
bitter, impeach and shameful
and you groan under the weight
of your heavy burden.

You bury your pain in the hot sand
pulsating, biting and acute
and your face crowd with the wrinkles
of your painful laughter.

Why do you close your bloodshot eyes
to the carnage? Why do you look with
dazed stupor at the walking skeletons?
You turn a deaf ear to their agonized pleading.

Cry, cry the smiling coast country
you weep with dry tears in your heart
let your anguish voice; your muffle voice
thunder from the hilltop
let your fire burn under the feet of their callousness;
you muse with drench fatigue
they tear apart the girdle around your waist
your defecated image shred
your face tarnished and your ego bruised
they wallow in the unquenchable thirst
in the sinful pride of their bloody greed.

Why are you so silent? Why do
refuse to growl and snarl your teeth?
You strut with utter disgust
to the banquet of their unscrupulous shame.

Rene

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい