GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Jammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 15:09:03 +0000
Tombong,

You have set the alarm clock on. I hope when it rings, and I think it is about
to do so,  the youths of  Africa will respond to the call for African unity
through self respect and self help and not wait for outsiders to take the lead
in addressing African problems. It is midnight for many of the current
leadership of Africa; but some day, sooner than later, daybreak will come. When
that morning light shines, we would then be able to look at ourselves and see
the mess around us and take care of it. If in the process a genuine helping hand
emerges from any quarter, be it west, east, north or south, such assistance
would be acknowledged.