GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
panderry mbai <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:27:08 +0000
                          BY TIMBUKTU.
                           OPINION

  A court ordered witnesses like Famara Jatta,Mustafa James Kujabi,John Paul Bojang and Ambassador Cryspon Grey-Johnson to appear in defence of Yaya Jammeh.These witnesses were compelled by the whims and caprices of a dictator to attend a trial where his laundry will be washed in public during a cold winter in Washington DC.

  This is another disgrace for our nation within the International community. We have just received a sting from the Herald Tribune of Paris-the city of lights ,where business and the niceties of 'haute culture' make a good mixture. While sipping their 'cafe au lait' along the beautiful side walks of  Champ-Elysee,we can imagine the disappointment of French Investors who knew our former GCAA boss Maimuna Taal.

  There is an inner feeling thats 'brewing' in the minds of many Gambians home and abroad.These inner feelings are fermenting. We are disturbed by these negative rapid reactions against a man we call a President.How can Yaya be calling himself a true patriot,a decent leader,a corruption-free brat in all this mess? This is really beyond comprehension!

  Last Monday EAW Group was in court once again vigorously pursuing a charge sheet they have against Yaya Jammeh.For what? He is accused of duping this firm by breaching a contract. If found guilty of the said charges Gambians should not be surprised to see the amount of $500,000 plus USD being sliced from our ailing budget. The startling revelations from the first witness Cryspon Grey-Johnson's court transcript (VERBATIM) will be sent on line by next week.

  What we have received so far is also full of shame.Our country has been reduced to a garbage can of theft,malice and dubious activities.The stinking valley of a lost cause cannot be covered anymore by Yaya Jammeh's wings. James Kujabi did not respond to the court's order or deposition.

  It was a big surprise for the attorneys representing Yaya himself.THE QUEENS as they are called by Yaya's people were really shamed.James Kujabi according to our special sources who are close to the Gambian diplomatic circle both in DC and New York revealed that James was being pursued via an embassy driver(his close buddy) but to no avail.

  Monday came and went but James did not appear.We were reliably informed,Alhaji Mustafa James Kujabi has made it categorically clear that he will not respond because he has nothing to do with the regime anymore.He has been disgraced and then rejected by Yaya Jammeh well before this month.

  One thing James needs to know in this case is that he will be forced by law to appear before the Judge where it is found necessary.He cannot be left behind according to our source because he was part of those who orchestrated the formation of the team of witnesses against EAW Group Inc.Mr Kujabi therefore has to stand by for a subpoena from he court.Let him not be fooled.He also has a last chance to say all that he knows  which is THE TRUTH,THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH.Period. In America the law does not know James,Yaya or anyone for that matter.All it knows is JUDGEMENT.

   In another interesting development we were informed that Famara Jatta Governor Central Bank was also expected to send his version as a principal witness, via video conferencing from a chosen destination.We were also informed that there was a sudden blockage from Banjul during the last minute.This was not appreciated neither by the presiding Judge nor the defence council nor the plaintiff!The Plaintiff's team is not happy because its resources and time are being wasted.

  The Judge will indeed be angrier than anyone in that room because Judges dislike "dilly-dally" tactics.The defence team was  disgraced by a client they thought was honest.We know that their client is shameless anyway. What is amazing here is when we were told Famara Jatta could not send his version by video conferencing  because there are no facilities in Banjul to allow him do so.Not in his office,not in Yaya's office and not in Neneh Macdold's office(the SOS responsible of that sector)?

  We cannot believe this! GAMTEL??? GAMTEL where are you in all this noise? We are amazed. So GAMTEL is just an empty juke box being dragged by old fibre optics?! We were told Famara Jatta wanted to use the facilities at the RVH Training School where a web casting facility was said to be.It was not confirmed if this facility was working or not! Finally what we heard from our source in Washington was...

  .Famara Jatta may end up travelling to Dakar Senegal just to do the video conferencing. What a flow chart! We still have not received a final confirmation whether Jatta finally said a word or not. Well our advice to these people is for them not to take this case lightly.This case has other threads behind.As soon as Yaya's verdict is read and he is found guilty for breaching the contract,let many officials working under Yaya not be surprised if their names are added to the list of people who would not be issued visas to enter the US because they are found to be corrupt and supporting corruption.Let them ask the Kenyan Minister and the Nigerian Governor.

  Next we were told John Paul Bojang did not also honour the deposition because he has different reasons for being unable to do the video conferencing from Taipei.Of course his reasons are not technological ones.All we know is that John will be surprised when the court gets fed up with their delaying tactics.We will not reveal what we know on that,we want Jammeh and team to learn the lesson from the court itself. All we know is that the cut date is December 5Th 2005.Anything beyond that date will meet the Judge's wrath,God willing. Last on the list is Yaya Jammeh himself.

  This court case was registered 3 years ago IE in December 2002. During the early days Yaya himself was heard yelling and bragging.He said he was ready to testify against the EAW Group anywhere.He said he was going to drink their lies and spit those very lies back on them!  This was in 2002. Now that jokes have been set aside Yaya Jammeh all of a sudden started jerking.His knees are shaking.We were surprised by what our source told us.Yaya Jammeh all of a sudden IE last week openly said that he is claiming diplomatic immunity not to honour the deposition by virtue of the fact that he is a President?! A president should rush towards salvaging his or her country not  running away from an international disgrace he caused for the nation after duping others abroad. Sure the latest pieces on some of these Independent International media houses like the Paris Tribune etc etc have started corroborating our efforts. God is great! We have no personal vendetta against Yaya. Nope. .

   Yaya please RESIGN and save us the little we have back home.   Everything good has gone.No good economy,no good performance,no good communication network,no good civil service and now our international reputation is in a very very bad shape!

  More will be revealed on this court case and other issues.
  There is a latest revelation sending bad signals as far as Yaya Jammeh's oil discovery is concerned.We are so glad because these revelations are from scientific facts and intelligence gathering.Yaya another piece reveals how a team fooled you in June 2004.Do you remember the dinner when you were medalled by a Congressman? Do you remember the world air dossier? Well Yaya we did not get that from your office,this was received from some of those you received in your office. We are even scared to publish this piece because it is so damaging.We swear Yaya you will be impeached by the time we finish these latest revelations from that piece. GAMBIA!