GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Habib Ghanim, Sr" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 23:47:05 -0800
With the Name of God, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful

AMC Update
March 13, 2000

President Clinton's Eid greeting

The White House released the following Eid al-Adha greeting to Muslims
on
March 10:

Warm greetings to Muslims across the United States and around the world
as
you cele-brate Eid al-Adha and join in spirit with the millions gathered
in
Mecca to perform their sacred duty.

Beyond its profound religious significance to Muslims, this annual
Pilgrimage constitutes the world's most diverse peaceful assembly. The
variety of nations and cultures represented by those who gather in Mecca

each year is a powerful reminder that ethnic differences need not divide
us
when we share common purposes and values. And the Pilgrimage provides
striking proof that, by building on the strong foundations of mutual
respect and tolerance, we can achieve peace and reconciliation in our
world.

May this year's Eid al-Adha bring tranquility, peace, and joy to Muslims

everywhere.

Bill Clinton