GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 19:42:49 +0000
FOROYAA – BURNING ISSUES

ISSUE NUMBER 99/2003

TRIAL OF BABA JOBE AND OTHERS

Baba Jobe Pays D2.5 million to GPA

Part 4

As the trial of Baba Jobe on six charges of criminal offence continues in
the High Court before Justice M.A Paul, the second prosecution witness Aziz
Samba who is the financial director of the GPA informed the court that
during this trial period, Baba Jobe and Co had paid D2.5 million towards the
outstanding debt of YDE. Mr. Samba said that the payment was effected on the
11th of December 2003 through the lawyer of the first accused Baba Jobe.

Mr. Samba further indicated that upon receipt of the amount in cheque, his
office had sought advice from the office of the solicitor general. The DPP
asked them to accept the amount and put it in the name of Baba Jobe.

Evidence of Aziz Samba

Q: Name?