GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 06:08:28 -0400
Comrades:

Lately we have missed the logic of political discourse.
We must understand that we are entiltled to different
political interpretations.  Our love for The Gambia must
be measured in realism, truth and understanding.

It is terrifying that some who have spent the past 7 years
criticizing the APRC government, have not measured up to
the full understanding of political integrity.  We must accept
to disagree and agree, and be civil in our political undertakings.

FJC has all the rights to support whoever she prefers.
Whether or not she is spending time worth with yahya than
her husband, we must show respect and restraint because
she is someone's wife and husband.

I am deeply troubled by the constant fighting between the
APRC and UDP/PPP.  How can we entrust The Gambian in the
hands of people who cannot even debate in a proper Gambian
cultural way?

Since we cannot vote, I suggest that we call home and plead
with our families to vote for the opposition.  We are wasting
valuable time and resources in engaging in regrettable
situations that will deter us in freeing The Gambia.  I wish
we had a true alliance in freeing The Gambia from the sins of
yahya.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh
Greensboro NC/Kombo East Constituency