GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Musa Amadu Pembo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 15:42:50 +0000
FROM THE MIMBAR OF THE TWO HOLY MOSQUES IN MAKKAH AND MADINA

(Friday, December 20, 2002)

Islam stresses unity: Imam of Grand Mosque

IN MAKKAH

Imam and Khateeb of the Grand Mosque in Makkah, Sheikh Dr Saleh Bin Abdullah
Bin Humaid, in his Friday Sermon said it is Allah’s law that His creatures
cannot lead a righteous life and they cannot achieve great accomplishments
unless they come together

Islam is the religion of natural human qualities that call upon the Muslims
to get acquainted with one another for the sake of unity and harmony.Allah
says in the Holy Qur’an.’ “O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of
a male and female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know
each other (Not that you may despise each other).” (Verse 13 Surah Al
Hujuraat).

Sheikh Bin Humaid also said that disposition or tendency to know other
people and mix with them is an essential trait in the Islamic way of life,
that is, to live with the group or gathering and have good relations with
one another so that there is stability and peace of mind in the Muslims
community. He also noted that in a closely-knit community knowledge is
spread,Allah is obeyed in a correct manner, religious fundamentals become
clear,virtue prevails and evil does not have an upper hand.

“Some people may come up with a pretext that is in an age of corruption it
is better to lead a lonely life worshipping Allah and not being influenced
by others”.

“If there are ills in society, it is the duty of its members to advise one
another to get rid of these ills,” he said.

“There is a great reward from Allah for those Muslims who counsel their
brethren or tell in forceful words as compared to those who (prefer to) stay
aloof”.

“Reward of Allah is greater for the worship that is offered in congregation
as compared to praying alone. The bigger the congregation, the more pleased
Allah is with the worshipers.” he added.

Sheikh Bin Humaid concluded his Sermon by saying,although Islam stresses the
need to come closer,it also calls for keeping a balance between the Muslims
brethren with some time spared for staying alone in order to contemplate
about certain matters or carryout personal tasks.

IN MADINA
In Madina,The Imam and Khateeb of the Prophet’s (Sallallaaho alaihi wa
sallam)Mosque,Sheikh Saleh Al Bedair,in his Sermon advised Muslims to be
patient under stressful conditions and in hardships, for Allah will give
them victory and domination ultimately.

Today,the Muslim Ummah is facing a fierce opponent and a brutal war waged by
the conspirators whose rancor has been unmasked by the events (of
aggression).They have filled the earth with corruption and strife and have
ignited fires that have engulfed all corners (of the world), how can such
people bring long-lasting peace and tranquility to the world?” he said.

"Incidents are orchestrated and then allegations are fabricated in brazen
arrogance,as outrageous alliances are formed among wrongdoers,thus creating
a state of recurrent violence,instability and insecurity in many places.

The world has thus come to be ruled by the law of the jungle and threats and
intimidation is being resorted by self-serving uni-polar system that seeks
to dominate others and impose their will on the weak, trying to sow seeds of
disunity and weakness among Muslims.” he said.

This is a situation no honorable person can accept.The continued backing and
support given to the crimes and atrocities of the Zionists, and aiding them
to further commit brutal crimes of genocide and destruction is an evidence
of their blind hatred,” he added.

Sheikh Bedair concluded his Sermon by saying;injustice and oppression have
reached an intolerable point and must be ended.Injustice cannot last
long,and it will end,however strong the wrongdoer may be, and however weak
the oppressed may be.

         ***********************THE END****************************

With the very best of good wishes,
Musa Amadu Pembo
Glasgow,
Scotland
UK.
Da’wah is to convey the message with wisdom and with good words. We should
give the noble and positive message of Islam. We should try to emphasize
more commonalities and explain the difference without getting into
theological arguments and without claiming the superiority of one position
over the other. There is a great interest among the people to know about
Islam and we should do our best to give the right message.
May Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,guide us all to His Sirat Al-Mustaqim (Righteous
Path).May He protect us from the evils of this life and the hereafter.May
Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,grant us entrance to paradise .
We ask Allaah the Most High, the All-Powerful, to teach us that which will
benefit us, and to benefit us by that which we learn. May Allaah Subhanahu
Wa Ta'ala grant blessings and peace to our Prophet Muhammad and his family
and
companions..Amen.