GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ngai Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 10:34:31 -0500
As I read through this address by Omar Joof, I am filled with memories of
the april 10/11 killings. It is sad to read that a young man with decent
objectives is in exile; being self imposed or otherwise--All because of the
morons ruling our country.

I was on holidays in the Gambia during this incident and I was so
flabbergasted to see how the soldiers treated the students--I mean these
guys were acting like they were in a war....What ever happened to 'to serve
and protect'....I could not believe what I was seeing--afterall I was used
to a peaceful gambia where no one would ever dream of ordering the
slaughtering of innocent school children.

I was even more disgusted to learn that the Moron of Kanilai was in cuba and
to my understanding made no attempt to come to the Gambia in a time when he
was mostly needed.

I hope that all opposition parties during their respective campaigns would
remind the Gambian people of the april 10/11 killings so as to make them
aware of  the murderous regime we have in our midst.

May god rid us of the Butcher of Kanilai...Ameen

Ngai.