GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Fye Samateh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 21:52:22 +0100
Well Said  Saiks.

I wonder why no western country reacted when GEORGE BUSH was put in to the oval
office as usa president by the supreme court,Jet they are trying to lecture African leaders
with their imperialist dominances on the African continent.

Mugabe is a disgrace to Pan-Africanism serving his interests for twenty years whilst our
brothers and sisters suffers in that once very progressive country in the region.I condem
the election results but am not a supporter of MDC either,I think both men are out of
touch with the voters.The main issues through out the elections Mugabe used was land
for the rightful owners and Mdc as the choice from the west was telling us about changes
to democracy.But in real sense the west wants him to protect the 1% whites for their own

economic gains,So no doubt the west reacted negatively towards Mugabe once a guest in
the Lacaster House.Infact i salute the African comonwealth leaders to deny suspending
Zimbabwe from the family.That hurts not Mugabe but the peoples of Zimbabwe and the
sorounding countries.Vote rigging in Africa is not new but a way to stay in power by all
means necessary,Thanks to Senegal, South Africa and now Nigeria for their democratic
practises but the continent has a long way to go.

The western contries have no moral values toward Africans as a whole but selective to
states who serves their interests,We can't expect more but is up to Africans to improve
themselves from this mismanagement through our leaders for better dignity for our people.
Charity begins at home so we as Africans must fight against these double morals from the
west but of course we can't go on blaming the west for all our failures rather starting to
look for better results.

I hope Mugabe is not going to be another SAVIMBI used and later slained for the world to
see on camera but rather retire for younger ZANU-PF comrades for the interest of all good
Zimbabweans,May god bless Africa.

Respect
Fye.

From: "saikss"
Subject: Zimbabwe after the elections

(G/L this is an article I wrote for  a newspaper,want to share it with you
too)

        Zimbabwe After The Elections

U.S. President George W. Bush, who came to power not through the ballot box
but through a Supreme Court
  decision, was among the first Western leaders to condemn the recent
Zimbabwean elections. The reaction of
  the British Prime Minister was not unexpected either. One begins to wonder
if it is accidental that the
  democratic rights of Zimbabweans are of more importance to Western leaders
than that of other Africans.