GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ams boye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2006 17:38:30 +0100
Interview with Omar Joof
Ex-President of Gambia Student Union (Gamsu)

By Staff Writer
London, UK

April 14, 2006
Months and years would pass, but Gambians will never forget what happened on April 10 and 11, 2000. It was a day many described as BLACK MONDAY when over a dozen innocent lives were gunned down in broad day light by security officers. Six years on, no one has been brought to court for the murder and the victims' families are yet to be told who ordered the blood thirsty security officers to pull the trigger on their young children. As part of commemorations marking the event, Omar Joof, who led the demonstration spoke to AllGambian.Net about the event, the Gambia's political situation and lots more.

Q: It's been six years since you led the student demonstration in which over a dozen people died. What do you make of the whole situation?