GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
momodou olly-mboge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:35:29 GMT
Hi Pasamba,

As PDOIS supporters, we both know that many so-called Gambian intellects in
the past refused to face Halifa in  a public forum.  Few years ago Waa
Juwara was detained by Yahya's govt.  Following his release he went about
accusing PDOIS of appeasing the APRC govt.  This was absolute dishonesty on
the part of this gentleman.  This was in total disregard of PDOIS's many
publications urging the moronic govt to release him. He was challenged to a
debate but never accepted.  Another so-called intellect who refused the
party's invitation to debate is Suwaebou Conateh.  I can mention many more.

However, the reasons i offered to help facilitate a debate between Halifa
and Hamjatta are:

a)PDOIS have been invited to the British Labour                      Party
annual conference in September.

B)Halifa intimated that he'll try to convince the Central Committee of PDOIS
to allow him to debate Hamjatta in London.  HAmjatta responded by stating
that it is beyond him to arrange for a public debate but will be happy to
debate Halifa in his flat.  I found that unacceptable since Hamjatta raised
some very controversial issues on PDOIS/Halifa's stance,it is only fair for
them to have a face to face debate in public.  The fact that i am 'openly
and nakedly PDOIS biased' forced me to offer to help.

IF all goes well, I hope APRC,UDP and NRP supporters and ordinary Gambians
in the U.K will attend and contribute positively.

Keep up the good work(Coach).

Sincere greetings,

MBoge