GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
landing sanyang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 04:04:53 +0200
Dear Hamjatta,
Your writings surely corresponds to your level of maturity and decipline.l definately found your this posting distasteful.l have no doubt that you are a good reader and a brilliant writer,but you have to uplift yourself to the ranks of the honest and deciplined great thinkers.Not even the greatest fool on earth would expect to blindly categorise and collectively label people in such a disrespectful manner and get away with it.

You seem to have Halifa's complex or maybe have some personal problems with the man.Whatever the case,that's your problem.All what l know is that you are unknowingly mastermining your own integrity.
Halifa's likes are but a few amount our ranks.Not only in terms of knowledge,intellegence and wisdom,but also in terms of dedication,sincerity and the high level of commitment to our dear Nation and what he believes to be the ticket to our salvation.Wake-up brother,and give the honourable his due.You don't have to be ......

No one is calling Halifa a Saint,and he is not poising himself as a Saint to any body.Halifa is a member of a political party -Yes and entrusted a leadership roll in the party-yes.He is influencial in the party by vartue of his time and energy spent in the interest of the Party and our beloved Nation.I don't think Halifa deserves your malicious liabel,nor do l think that it is fair of you to castigate all PDOIS members and supporters as a bunch of nonentics.This is a very dishonest statement which  fellow Gambians deserve,just for subscribing to the priciples and believes of a decent party like PDOIS.As a person so intelligent and so patriotic as you poise to be,which political platform/grouping or party do you simpathise with?Please motivate.You see my brother,there is nothing more healhty and progressive that discussing and debating issues of National importance.That is the demands of our time and it is the way forward for our beloveth Nation.

This is just a spontaneous reaction.

PS:your this type of postings are unfortunate,and l would kindly beg you to desist from such as it would not take us any further.It does not do us any good,nor do we learn anything from the exercise.It is futile,counterproductive and unprogressive.Lets take up issues instead.

The struggle continues and never give up the fight.

Praises are due to our ancestors!!

Landing Alkalo Sanyang.