GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:13:34 GMT
Gambia-L:

The e-mail below, as usual, came from one of my sources in the Gambia.

Ebrima Ceesay

Ebrima,

Take it from me that the APRC, as a political party, is doomed and in a deep
trouble for that matter. I have said this to you several times before and I
will repeat it again. Ebrima, the APRC is inept: it lacks political
organisation and know-how and it is tribalistic and down right corrupt. The
APRC is still struggling to organise one successful political rally. Their
Saturday rally at Allen street was a total disaster. IT WAS A TOTAL FAILURE
AND CERTAINLY EMBARRASSING TO ALL THOSE WHO CONSIDER THEMSELVES MEMBERS OF
THIS DISGRACEFUL POLITICAL PARTY. By the way, Mr Ansumana Kujabi's piece on
the tribalism that has seemed to dominate the APRC was relevant. Ebrima, the
tribal card is being played openly by Jammeh hoping to fan the flames of
tribalism but Gambians know better. We will not bite the bate. Jammeh cannot
divide this Nation along tribal lines, no matter how hard he tries to.
Meanwhile, he has decided to bring in Lamin Kaba Bajo (former Local
Government SoS) and Momodou Bojang (formerly of Interior) but he is yet to
give them jobs. We are also all aware that the upcoming reshuffle of the
Cabinet is nothing more than cosmetic exercise designed to appease a large
section of the Gambian population.