GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saiks samateh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:15:44 PDT
      INCREDIBLE; DUMOSAHO IS WITH THE NIA
From reliable sources,it is known that the NIA ,in court today,behind close
doors,finally said that Dumo Saho is under their custody suspected of planning
to overthrow the government in-collaboration with some "militants" and that
the court should not grant his release.Since they have been telling lies to
the family
and friends of Dumo that they have neither arrested or detained him I see no
reason why the judge should take them seriously,but we might wait until the
final judgment is made.It is not news that people got it right that
Dumo,because of his political stance against this regime,was abducted by the
notorious NIA,they are known for that,it is not also news that the NIA is
using the  same tactic to justify unlawful arrest and detention ,by framing
people for wanting to overthrow the regime.
This regime came to power through  military coup and thus every opponent is a
potential coup plotter.This schizophrenic behaviour of the APRC regime is
pulling our nation apart.It will never be news to hear that all the said "45
arrested"were planning to over throw the government.
This fascist regime will apply every method to hold on to power,not
understanding the simple logic that the more people are suppressed the more
they are willing to oppose.Mobutu was around ,Idi Amin was around,Doe was
around etc and all these people are of recent history,it is incredible to see
how some people use their heads.Gambiant people will not continue to bury
their loves ones,or see them tortured,detained for nothing without reacting to
it.This regime should now understand that the country and the people are not
their properties,let alone the conscience of the world.Release Dumo Saho and
all those detained for political reasons unconditionally.
Send Fax to the following and demand the release of Dumo Saho and all those
detained for political reasons,do it now and let them know that we are
concern.

Dept. of State for the Interior -  (220) 201320

Secrtary General, Office of the President -  (220) 223987

Dept. of State for Juctice/Attorney General -(220225352

For Freedom
Saiks