GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Musa Jeng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 14:18:24 -0500
Joe,

 Mr. Sidibeh's piece  was generally a very insightful and good piece, and that's what made it so
disappointing, when he decided to end it in such a fashion by being callous in his
characterization of what you and other well meaning Gambians are trying to do. It is quite OK for
him to have reservation on the importance given to fund raising, but the way he went about
riduling it, and trivilizing your efforts by mocking you is definitely un-call for. The
bottom-line is , we are all going to defer in our way we choose to contribute to what we consider
a struggle to impact politics in the Gambia. Undoubtedly, people reserve the right to be critical
with  methods used, but there is a  much more decent and effective way to coonvey such
constructive crticism. It is obvious that resorting to name calling and mocking does not help in
our efforts. Mr. Sidibeh has demonstrated on this list as a very insightful, and his contribution
is very much needed for the struggle.. We all need to be helping , encouraging and be critical in
an effective manner, and I hope Mr. Sidibeh to take note of this.

Thanks
Mua Jeng

Thanks
Musa jeng