GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:18:44 EST
Thanks for providing this AMS. Just a side note.

Radio Tam Tam is a web based station operated by Senegalese in the diaspora.
For those who asked what the program was about, they had invited us to give
our opinions on the situation in Gambia as well as our thoughts on the alleged
friction between Senegal and Gambia. An announcement on this was sent to both
the post and the L prior to the date of the program as well as an open
invitation to all who wanted to participate in the program to feel free to call in to
offer their views.

The telephone number with the (610) area code is still ringing at the offices
of an affiliate radio station and not at Tam Tam yet. I was told it will not
be a number where they are reachable for another few months. They are
reachable at the (215) number below and also on the toll free number for calling in to
their talk program, "Bopkogne" which airs twice weekly, Tuesdays at 11 New
York Time, and Saturdays at 1 pm same time zone and in which Diaspora Senegalese
discuss their views on Senegal politics. The times for the "Bopkogne"program
as well as all their contact details are all listed on their website. So in
addition to the contact details you have listed in your email below, the web
address is as follows: Omar Joof has also informed me that you can access the tam
tam website via a website called "all things Gambia"
Tam tam plays some wonderful tunes daily.

http://www.seneweb.com/bopukogn.php