GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mariama Diop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 17:32:29 -0400
Hassan Musa Camara  of GPP deserves our commendation for declaring clearly
his support for  the United Democratic Party ( UDP ). I just wonder what's
keeping Sheriff Dibba, and the PPP leadership from making such a move. Could
it be that these politicians have a more ambitious agenda than  removing
Yahya? The decree 89 politicians owe a lot to the second republic
politicians who risked their lives, and the lives of their families and
sacrificed their professions  to take on Yahya. Any effort to jump into the
game at this 11th hour, is uncalled for and can only be construed as
propelled by  greed on their part. After 30 years of governance with not
much to show for it, I'm surprised that any of these politicians should even
contemplate reviving their any political ambition other than working closely
and whole-heartedly with UDP, NRP and DPOIS.
We must always remember that greed is destructive and allowing Yahya to stay
on for another round because of some selfish interests can only be
detrimental for all of us.
mariama