GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sidi Sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 07:52:39 -0400
Katim,
I would like to go on record to thank you for the invaluable service
rendered and, I hope you will continue to render to this forum.  The job of
List Manager could not be an easy one given the size and the diversity of
its membership.  Although there has been difficult moments and differences
of opinion on how things should be handled, ranging from religious
postings, the Matarr Njie affair (I was not a member then), the
impersonation of Tombong Saidy and the latest on the KAIRO recording, you
have always come through, in my opinion, as a mature administrator by
taking the heat in the process.  I admire your patience and determination.
I wish you all the best in your new role as an ordinary member of the List
and looking forward to your valuable contribution.

I welcome Mr. Momodou Camara whom I am sure will measure beyond expectation
given his long standing membership of the L and his technical competence. I
congratulate him in his new role and to thank the other Managers whose
immediate task, in my view, should be the inclusion of women Managers in
their midst (as suggested by Katim) and to address some still outstanding
household chores-including but not limited to-the regularisation of the
membership of Mr. George Sarr (1 Cool Dude). He has apologised for his
impersonation of Tombong and I believe this matter deserves the attention
of Managers.

Katim, thank you for making it possible for me to “meet” numerous cyber
friends, brothers, sisters, sons and daughters on this forum which I
cherish very much.  And to Momodou Camara and the other Managers (most of
whom I do not know) I wish you the best.
Sidi Sanneh