GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Katim S. Touray" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 22:54:21 -0600
Hi folks,

I agree with many of us who wrote to commend Ablie on his suggestions at:

(http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind9911&L=gambia-l&D=1&O=D&P=23578)

I think it's about time we, as we should once in a while, take stock of our
list, our nation, and chart our course.  Ablie's posting is also very timely
because it so happens that I am presently drafting an open letter to President
Jammeh about how we can make Gambia-L in paticular, and the Internet in general
benefit The Gambia more.

Just a few days ago I sent private e-mails to Tombong Saidy and Sheikh Ndow (of
Foroyaa) in The Gambia seeking their help in getting the fax number for the
State House.  Ebrima Ceesay in Birmingham, UK, has promised to search for the
number for me, but do feel free to send me the number (privately to
[log in to unmask]) if you have it.  I will send a copy of the letter to
Gambia-L, and hope that it will, along with Ablie's posting serve as a
springboard for debate, dialogue, and even action on moving The Gambia forward.

That's about it.  Have a great weekend, and best wishes in your endeavors.

Katim