GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Saikou Samateh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 22:21:54 +0100
Dampha,
To be very frank you are  getting very confused and very childish now a
days. I just don't understand some of your logics here,simply they don't
make any sense or is it just that you are too eager for a come back ?I did
my best to understand you but it did not work You wrote:

Saiks Samateh comes here and tell blatant LIES about
> a student demonstration during the Jawara regime and pretend as if the
> Jawara regime was responsible for the cold-blooded slaughter of our
children
> on April 10 and 11, 2000?

I will not go so low,your relationship to that corrupt and  criminal PPP
regime will sonn be clear.Go back to the achieves and read all that I wrote
about the April 10 incident,full stop!!!!It is simple knowledge that history
is history,you can repeat it and not rewrite,only life human beings create
history.
My opposition to the Jammeh regime has nothing to do with my past
relationship with the PPP regime,and trying to justify that regime because
we have a Jammeh to deal with is not my style of politics.Refute what I
wrote point by point this will do better for  your PPP propaganda.Listen to
your self

 I have always said that I will NOT tolerate
> LIES about any member of the Coalition including PPP. If that is your idea
> of me vindicating the PPP regime, so be it. I am at least glad that you
for
> one quit making those silly and unfounded accusations against the PPP
> regime.

Is this not an immature political thinking,I am just wondering what is your
agenda in opposing the Jammeh regime,and if you think that speaking about
the dirty and criminal politics of the PPP regime is what is  going to
convince the people to vote for Jammeh then you must be seriously
confused,what the Gambian people want will be a better Gambia,they have
alternative to choose between,any sincere person will convince them to
choose the best,we want to move forward.The lifting of the ban on political
parties is getting things more and more clear,we will soon know the hidden
agenda of each and every one of us.The political saying that the more the
struggle becomes protracted the more things become clear,is very,very
true.Gambian people need no one to tell them how brutal the PPP regime
was,it is their life experience,mr Dampha,this is a common sense,thirty
years is not thirty days or months.I have said fascist turned democrats will
not dictate the struggle of the Gambian people,there is a reason why we have
a Jammeh.There were many people who were happy when Jammeh came to power
because they wanted something better and never expected a return or a
renewal of another political nightmare,unfortunately this is what is the
reality but it does not mean that we want to move back to the brutal and
injustice politics.My friend ,37 years is enough,Gambians are hard working
human beings,they don't just deserve it,if you cannot simply understand
this,then mr Dampha it is not a question of whishing the same thing for the
Gambia and just continue your crusade.If your PPP/UDP wins this election
then we can meet again.
For Freedom
Saiks
For Freedom