GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoul Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2007 13:22:57 -0400
Athough very appropriate by MDD, perhaps a press release from STGDP and GPU
on the L or Post denouncing this arrest should have preceeded considering
it is mentioned on all articles released so far relating to Mrs. Manneh's
arrest. Although, to its credit, I can see that there are behind the scenes
negotiation currently going on based on the Gainako article..

Culled from www.Ganaiko.com

Our Washington correspondent hinted that Fatou Jaw Manneh might have been a
victim of the Gambian Informers based in Washington DC who alerted the
Gambian authorities' aforetime of Fatou's visit and time of arrival at the
Banjul International Airport from the United States. She is held for her
active participation in the Gambia's democratization process, notably in
Save The Gambia Democracy Project (STGDP)and the external Gambia Press
Union (GPU).

As soon as the Air Cargo landed and passengers alighted to checkout, she
was seen being whisked away by the notorious Gambia's undercover officers.

Our source confirmed earlier a telephone conference conducted by STGDP to
decide the way forward for their one time partner and now a victim of
Jammeh's aggression. The same source added that the Gambian oppositions are
already aware,and notably from the NADD camp will likely issue a press
release to condemn the arrest of Fatou Jaw Manneh.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい