GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 12:49:52 EDT
In a message dated 10/6/01 11:28:17 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Subj: Re: Insults on Gambia-L
> Date: 10/6/01 11:28:17 AM Central Daylight Time
> From:    [log in to unmask] (Sidi Sanneh)
> Sender:    [log in to unmask] (The Gambia and related-issues
> mailing list)
> To:    [log in to unmask]
>

> Ebrima,
>
> Please make sure that in future you use the full names of these Congolese
> artists with a brief bio for the benefit of the likes of Jabou. Jabou for
> your information, Koffi Olumide is another DRCongolese artist whose mother
> is Sierra Leonean. Madiba told you who Papa Wemba is a couple of months
> ago.
>
> lol sidi, thanks . i'll have you guys know that i am not that out of it, i
> just was not familiar with some of the names. it also goes to show my bias
> for the senegambian artists, salif keita etc. i appreciate the education.
you guys are as bad as my kids, but i decided to surprise them and my friend
ann allen and i  went to see jill scott whom my daughters love, this summer
here in nashville. aisha was home and as soon as the word was out, she called
her siblings who were in various places around north america, and they had
great fun expressing their disbelief. i'll take the oldies from prince coker
anytime.