GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 17:17:55 EDT
In a message dated 8/14/01 6:34:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Gambians have right to challenge any
> election results in court.

Hello! Am I the only one who don't have a clue as to what is going on in the
Gambia?
Since when has anybody challenge and win anything against a government that
fire judges willy-nilly when they rule against them...go and ask magistrate
Bori Touray.

The idea that Gambians have to depend on the mitigation of our judicial
system as it is now to settle any election dispute that may have a negative
consequence on the ruling party is a daydream. Call me a pessimist or
conspiracy theorist but you and I know that elections in the Gambia are not
only decided prior to the election as you seem to be propounding on this
list. I wasn't in the country during the presidential elections but the
referendum I was part of has some serious abuses and the notion that you or
anybody for that matter can make me change my view on what happened on that
fateful day is not  happening

I have said this in my last piece and I am going to say it again. The
opposition stands no chance of winning the forth coming elections if they
relent on the spot counting.

Regards,
ousman