GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:34:15 +0100
Jassey-Conteh

Its good to hear from you. I must say that I am
totally dissatisfied with what transpired at YMCA
Hall. At first glance, I contemplated posting an
article on the History of Opposition Alliance in the
Gambia but after consulting some UDP supporters on the
"L", I decided to stay put until all voices have been
heard.

I am somehow disappointed with the way some of us are
handling the situation. Notwithstanding my support for
UDP, I still think it is premature for us to start
pointing fingers on PDOIS/NCP for disassociating its
self from the proposed coalition. It would have been
sensible if we await for PDOIS/NCP to explain their
position on the proposed coalition, but unfortunately
somef us have began this business of branding them as
"traitors". To be honest with you, if this is our
strategy to unseat Jammeh, then forget it, Jammeh
second term of 5 years will be accomplished easily.

It is on the basis that I appeal to the likes of Aunty
Jabou, Kebba Dampha, Hamjatta and others to maintain
restraint. Your REMARKs on PDOIS/NCP could undermine
all hope of healing the unnecessary splits between the
Opposition parties.

Until then I say lets have a wait and see approach.

Have a wonderful day.

Sanusi