GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 20:22:22 EST
In furtherance of the ideas embodied in the petition, I suggest we take full
page advertisements in the private print media. I have checked with an editor
of one of the papers and I am told issue oriented ads can be purchased. A
full page ad would cost about $100 (hundred dollars) per edition. We can
hence run the petition as many times as we can pool resources together. I
would forward the petitions sent to me via the UDP website contact address to
the party leadership. I would also do a followup telephone call to the party
leadership.
Together we can very efficiently coordinate this very important campaign from
our diverse locations with maximum impact. I will look into the possibility
of running radio ad with the folks running the private station and advise
list members accordingly. Like any good idea this too would demand much more
than our express wishes. We would have to be persistent coupled with a strong
desire to invest time and resources. If the newspaper ads sits well with list
members, we can proceed by using the infrastructure for the Massacre Action
Plan to serve as a conduit to pay for the campaign. We can just send
contributions designated for this campaign to the coordinator for the
expressed purpose of paying for the ads.
Karamba