GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
adama jombel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 05:07:19 GMT
Karamba,
Indeed - The Gambia Police Force today,at best is in a state of chaos.
Compared to the force when Evans,M'Boob and Jarra(to name a few) were at the
helm.What a difference.
Police officers on patrol in badly faded thread bare uniforms,lookimg really
mal nourished is a clear indication of how much or little they can do for
anyone.
A police force that cannot protect its citizenry is a recipe for anarchy,
"thugery" and vigilantism. Witness the prelude in the arson attacks,
kidnappings and cold blooded murders on our once peaceful and laid back
streets.
The terror is all too REAL !!!
Dagmar