GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Touray, Kejau" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:17:21 -0000
You hit it right on the bull, Joe. The UDP is identified with
Mandinkas and we have a duty to dispense the myth. We have suffered
more as a tribe under Yaya Jammeh than any other. We should therefore
stay on course and unite with our brothers to uproot the evil. Just
because Darboe is Mandinka does not definitely qualify him alone to be
the flag bearer.
We Mandinkas have a lot to learn from the Jawara regime, and most did.
The government was mainly of the Wollofs of Banjul, despite the
President being being elected on a Mandinka ticket. The Armed forces,
for instance was totally Wollofs dominated, with Ndow Njie, promoting
his ilk. People like Lie Conteh never had to wait for a promotion
board, Pa Sallah Jagne, Modou Njie, you name them. The civil service
was likewise. So let us not allow anyone to use us again.
We should all vote for NADD during the presidential election even if
we are going to vote for our party of choice in the national assembly
elections. We should collectively send a clear message to Darboe and
his friends that though we like him, we will put our families and
country first before tribe or politics. Just like Dembo By Force
showed to Sheriff Dibba.
Who ever leads NADD, or any other party will defeat APRC, because the
people are tired, hungry and skint. Forget about human rights! The
Gambian economy will rid us of Yaya, come Oct.
Kejau Touray

www.bfaml.com

Sambou