GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 14:25:44 +0100
Joe:

  If your conference schedule permits, the question below is for HONOURABLE HALIFA SALLAH, PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE FOR NADD

  I do not expect any other aspirant to heed your call, hence the single question

  "If the just-concluded nominations are any indication, The Gambia is now set for a three-way presidential contest on September 22. Although a mere twenty days to Decision Friday, it is my contention that there still exist a good window to craft and present a unified opposition against the APRC.

  I state for the record that the ideas undergirding NADD represent the best way forward, but I contend that the objects of those ideas are to a degree realisable via a NADD subsumed in a new UDP/NRP-led alliance fronted by Ousainou Darboe. In the referendum leading to the ratification of the draft of the 1997 Constitution for the Republic of The Gambia, you have, in the climate of that particular time, demonstrated an admirable philosophy of democratic incrementalism by endorsing, and quite rightly, a "yes" outcome for a clearly deficient document.

  As you are understood to have allowed for the possibility of a united front even after your nomination as presidential aspirant, and as your current alliances within NADD suggest a sensible and visionary pragmatism, is it ultimately your contention that the pre-conditions and attendant principles of union are larger and more significant than the tragic ramifications of an APRC presidential victory?

  If not, are you willing, as the de facto leader of NADD, and in light of compelling secondary justifications for a united front, to make this a two-way contest by joining a UDP/NRP coalition fronted by Ousainou?

  Stated differently, are you willing to once more embrace the credible philosophy of democratic incrementalism by throwing your critical support behind the clearly deficient UDP/NRP coalition for this month's presidential contest?

  I appreciate your agony but your brothers and sisters across the world are hurting deeply. Regardless, I commend your remarkable and rightly celebrated vision, and wish you the very best in these challenging times of continual deliberation for the public good"

  LJDarbo

Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  All, we received confirmation from NADD that their Flagbearer, Honorable
Halifa Sallah will join the conference through a conference call on
Saturday, September 2, at 11:00am Central Time, 4:00pm Gambia Time. We are
yet to hear from the UDP/NRP and the APRC. We are also accepting questions
from the on-line community that could not attend and we shall pose some of
your questions to the party leaders or their official representatives. In
addition, we are working on posting the exchange online.

Chi Jaama

Joe

>From: "Joe Sambou"
>To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
>CC: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
>[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
>Subject: [>-<] "Vote 2006 - Beginning of our Third Republic or Continuation
>of Our Second Republic
>Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:45:34 +0000
>
>All, attached is the Labor Day Conference flyer, in Chicago, Saturday,
>September 2, hosted by the Midwest Gambian Association Conference. This
>year's theme is: "Vote 2006 - Beginning of our Third Republic or
>Continuation of Our Second Republic". This is the last chance that
>Gambians in the diaspora (USA in particular) have to have direct dialogue
>with those that want to run their affairs after 2006. Please come ready to
>speak your mind and get informed about those that want your support. We
>invited NADD, UDP/NRP, and APRC for their candidate to represent them or a
>representative of their choice speak on their behalf.
>
>Also presenting are Dr. Michael Banutu Gomez, Associate Professor of
>Management, Rowan University, New Jersey, Baba Galleh Jallow, PhD.
>Candidate in History, University of California at Davis (UC Davis), and Ms.
>Sigga Jagne, HIV/AIDS PROGRAM BRANCH MANAGER, Cabinet for Health & Family
>Services, Division of Epidemiology, Kentucky Department for Public Health,
>Kentucky. See you at the conference on Saturday
>

><< LaborDayConference2006.doc >>

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい