GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2008 16:38:05 +0100
The mystical fellows in our communities has been with us since when we cannot remember. Many among us have dealt with them, we have one way or the other consulted them. but do you really know what sort of things this men are doing? what is that we know about the serigns or marabout or moro's? this infamous topic i will call who dares talk. why did i gave it that strange title? it have to do with the strong believe that people has in the powers of this men.
  from a perspective of Islam, this people can be categorise into two groups. those who engage in acts of prayers and good actions and maintain the spiritual standard required of a learned Muslim. they conduct their acts in accordance with authentic sunnah or ways of the prophets. they never claim any powers or means extra-ordinary, when people ask them for prayers or duaas, they never hesitate to explain their human limitations. all they do is ask God's favour for that particular person. this group of marabouts are very few. to attain high status and closeness to God has many requirements. among them is consuming what is lawful and that which is acquire without deception and/or falsehood. in short eating from halal earnings. this is a monumental task for all believers.
  the second categories of marabouts/seriegns is the mystical masters. they always have an air of piety with them. they direct people to them self. they demand money always. they use tricks and engage in secretive acts just to fulfil their clients request. they deal with the spirit world and engage in acts contrary to the Islamic teachings yet they portray themselves as pious men and use their Islamic appearances as a means to get customers. this men are just like any other professional, for them ''god's professionals''. some of them line their rooms with Qurans that they hardly read, they are what most scholars refer to as MAGICIANS. the quran explain the acts of this people.
  our marabouts are not using Islamic means to do any thing but other methods of connecting forces.
  marabourism works. we have to acknowledge that. is there any proof that it works? yes. evil forces is existing. even in Christianity ,they talk of evil forces,demons. people have access to this forces. there are many books written from both Islamic and Judaic and Christian sources explaining this things. we cannot outright deny the existence of jinns and how they associate with humans who revered them.
  may God forgive us from our past dealings with this sinful people. my advice is that ,we need to stop patronising this men. they are like the clairvoyance of the west, the palm readers of Hinduism and holy men in animism and spiritual masters among Muslims. they are all magicians. avoid dealing with. let not their outward Islamic appearance  deceive you.we have many family names associated with this profession. not all marabouts are magicians but many are. put your trust in Allah ,He will surface for you. May God be with us and be our protector from whatever we fear. A man can only more man not above the status of human.
  what do you know them, the seriegns and Moro's? enlighten us if you dare.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい