GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 09:29:20 -0400
Yusupha, if I were you, I will do like Babs and Ngai have counseled you and
cut this Alieu Sesay character and Ms. Joh loose. Don’t even give them the
pleasure of being relevant at your expense. You ask the mental midgets to
refrain from personal attacks and gutter talk, then you are left with an
empty barrel. Just witness what Ms. Joh did. All week I was trying to tell
the woman to refrain from whining about me and personal attacks and talk
about PDOIS policies. What did we get from her? Recycling a PDOIS article
that people CANNOT make head or tails of. My friend, these are the caliber
of people we are dealing with.

Don’t mind them. Like Ngai said, these people have grudges and deep
inferiority complexes. It is the Yaya attitude being exhibited here. ‘If we
are not part of it, let all Hell break loose’. That is the sort of attitude
we are dealing with. ‘If we cannot dominate the Opposition, let Yaya stay
there and continue to slaughter our children and loot our coffers’. Please
have no part of that.

We had our differences in the past. BUT one thing I or anyone else CANNOT
take away from you is that you are one of the most brilliant Gambians and
you came from a great family. You have nothing to be ashamed of about your
achievements. You and your family worked darn hard for it. It is unfortunate
that we come from a society where most people do NOT appreciate the
achievements of young men like you and Hamjatta and George Sarr. People hate
you for being successful just like misguided elements in some Third World
countries hate the Americans. You would have thought that people that parade
themselves as staunch Muslims will be free from such hateful sentiments. But
then again, we are talking of nature versus nurture. You can take someone
away from the bush, but you …… you know what I mean.

Finally, I join others and counsel you to just ignore the morons. If they
start understanding their Party agendas and start articulating such in
coherent language, then we will engage them if their agendas conflict with
ours. Until then, just let them be. We know jealous people when we see them.
We know smart people when we see them. We have a mad man loose back home
that goes around slaughtering children. The sooner we get rid of him, the
better. You were doing a brilliant job highlighting the relationship between
Fatty and Yaya and their hateful rhetoric against the US in these trying
times. Continue that brilliant job you were doing and ignore these mental
midgets whose brains (if they have any) will blow up once they start
articulating PDOIS agenda (under our scrutiny). I mean how can a so-called
businesswoman like Ms. Joh reconcile her views with those of loonies like
Malik Kah that are more communist than the Soviets?
KB